InterviewQuestionsToAsk > Employer > For Results > Move Process Forward
Process Interview Questions to Ask
Asking questions at the interview to move the process forward is always recommended. It is after all in your interest to make sure that you know what the next steps are. You need to understand so that you can plan potential follow-up calls or other communications.
You want to understand what the additional steps are in the hiring process and when you can expect feedback. If the recruiter has not provided you with feedback at a specific date, you can easily call them up and see what has happened. It is not uncommon for timelines to shift and deadlines to be pushed out, but in general it is good to show interest.
Interview Questions to Ask to Move the Process Forward
- Do you have any reason to not consider inviting me back for a second interview?
- If I am extended a job offer, how soon would you like me to start?
- If I don't hear from you within (time period), would it be okay to call you?
- When can I expect to hear from you?
- Would you like a list of references?
- If I am offered the position, how soon will you need my response?
- What can I tell you about my qualifications?
- When would you like to schedule our second meeting?
- Where are you in the hiring process? What's our next step?
- Who will I meet in the second interview?
- I have really enjoyed meeting with you and your team, and I am very interested in this opportunity. I feel my skills and experience would be a good match for this position. What is the next step in your interviewing process?
- How long do you think it will take to make a decision about me, and is there anything I can do to help you make it?
- May I e-mail you occasionally with updates on my situation?
- When will information be available regarding the status of my application?
- Is there anything standing in the way of us coming to an agreement?
- Is there anything that you believe would prevent me from being a great contributor in this role?
- I know I can match the requirements and can hit the goals for this position. Can I have the offer?
- I'm ready to make a decision based on the information I have. Is there anything else you need to make me an offer?
- It has been a pleasure meeting you. This job is everything I want and I know I can hit the ground running. Can you tell me where you are in your process?
- You know, this position sounds like it's something I'd really like to do. Is there a fit here?
- I think I'm good for the job. I really want the job and to work for you. How can we work it out?
- I'm very excited about working with you. I think we're a good match. Do you have reservations?
+ Add Question