InterviewQuestionsToAsk > Employer > For Results > Company Information
Interview Questions To Ask Employer about the Company
One important step in every jobseeker's search routine is to evaluate the company you will be working for, the employer. You can with the help of Google and other internet sites find a lot of interesting information. However, in order to dig deeper and find out what really makes this company unique, you need to start asking question. One of the best opportunities you have is to ask questions during the job interview.
This page provides you with a list of interview questions to ask at an interview that can help you better understand what your future employer is all about.
Interview Questions to Ask the Employer
- Do you have an organizational chart of the company?
- How many people work in this office/department?
- How can I be sure that you are a diverse and inclusive employer?
- Why were the recent layoffs necessary?
- Why did you lose your last new business opportunity?
- What inputs do employees get in corporate decisions?
- Are there any other questions I can answer for you?
- How does the company ensure quality while delivering products on time?
- How has your business philosophy changed/evolved over the last five years?
- In what stages of the buying cycle are your products?
- What are the opportunities for career advancement?
- What are the three major short- and long-run goals and objectives? How are success and progress being measured? How is the company doing against these metrics?
- What do you like about working here?
- What do your employees generally not like about working here and what would you change?
- Is there a structured career path at the company?
- What outside influences affect the company's growth most?
- What three characteristics do you feel are unique for your company?
- Where do you see this position going in the next few years?
- How does the company support working parents?
- Can you explain what your take on the company's corporate culture is? What are the core values?
- Does the company have a mission statement? May I see it?
- In your opinion, what is the most important contribution that this company expects from its employees?
- What is one thing an employee might do here that would be a violation of the company's culture?
- How does the company work with knowledge management?
- How accessible is the CEO (name him or her) to people at my level of the organization?
- I understand that the CEO is really approachable. How does that work?
- How formal is the organization?
- How many employees would I supervise?
- What is the company's customer service philosophy?
- Could you tell me ahout a time when the company went out of its way to provide excellent service?
- How is the company personalizing its offerings or customer communications?
- When was the last time you had major layoffs in this office/country/overall?
- I notice that you laid off X people last year. What was the reason behind it? What did the process look like?
- Do you use any formal metrics in the company to measure and reward performance over time?
- How effectively has the company communicated its top three business goals within the organization?
- What, besides the obvious acts such as violence or theft, does it take for someone to get fired or demoted?
- Is the company's human capital development strategy linked to the core business objectives? If so, How?
- How does this company recognize and reward a a job well done?
- Are any large changes planned for the company? For example acquisitions, mergers, layoffs, or shutting down an office.
- Can you give me some examples of the best and worst thins about the company's culture?
+ Add Question